How to Select Tiles for Living Room [5 Important Factors]
by Key Crops on Apr 20, 2023
Want to know how to select tiles for living room?
If yes, this article would be the one for you. Here, we've listed the essential factors to consider when choosing floor tiles for your living room.
The living room is the place where you would expect foot traffic the most. Along with the kitchen and bathroom, you want your living room to be perfectly designed for inviting vibes. The place where you welcome and entertain your guests, have a relaxing time in the evening, or spend quality time with your loved ones. The place where you spend most of your time.
So, you want your living room floor tiles to be elegant, stylish, and at the same time, durable. But apart from all these factors, there are many others to consider, which we've discussed below. These factors will help you create and design the living room that will stand out.
Durability is one of the most important considerations when choosing living room floor tiles. Your living room floor is exposed to foot traffic and falling objects. So, it must be able to withstand all these conditions and last for years.
2. Consider the Right Type of Tile
Choosing the correct type of tile for your living room is essential as you would spend most of your time there. Generally, you'll see ceramic and porcelain tiles for living rooms as they have high strength, can withstand high foot traffic, and resist stains & spills. But apart from these two tiles, there are many other types of tiles to consider for your living room. These tile types include:
- Mosaic Tiles: If you want to create a unique and welcoming environment, consider installing mosaic tiles. These tiles add a lot of texture, colour, and depth to your living room. However, you must clean your mosaic flooring regularly to maintain a beautiful look.
- Slate Floor Tiles: Slate tiles offer a contemporary look and are ideal for living rooms. These tiles often come in a grey colour that gives a sophisticated touch to your space. However, you can choose from various options: brown, green, grey-blue, and burnt orange.
- Wooden Floor Tiles: This is one of the most popular tiles for living room floors. You can create a beautiful wood-like texture on your floors with these tiles.
Apart from these, various hall floor tiles design can spruce up your space.
3. Determine the Ideal Colour
Colour and style are crucial aspects that will help you learn how to select tiles for living room. Many homeowners are unaware, but colours play an essential role in setting the overall look of their living rooms.
- If you have a small living room and you install light-coloured porcelain tiles or any other type of tile, your living room will look bigger. Light-coloured tiles make a small area look bigger and open. Bright colours, including cream, white or beige, are ideal for a small living room.
- Dark-coloured tiles are recommended if you have a big living room. If you consider installing dark-coloured tiles, you will have a cosier living space. The dark colour absorbs light, so it makes your living space small.
- However, there is no compulsion to use only the beige, cream, white, or black coloured tiles. You can use a mixture of both and create a unique pattern for your living room. You can also buy tiles that have a unique pattern on them. Whether you choose porcelain tiles, ceramic tiles, or natural stone tiles, make sure the colour matches the style of your home.
4. Don't Forget the Right Size of the Tiles
If you want to learn how to select tiles for living room, then it's essential to consider this important factor. Using the right size of tiles is necessary to bring the most out of your living room. If you have a small living room, consider installing bigger tiles that will make your room look spacious. Another great advantage of installing bigger tiles is that there will be fewer grout lines, making your room look neat and beautiful.
5. Consider Measuring Your Living Room
Lastly, you should measure your living room and determine the area. This is one of the essential factors in learning how to select tiles for living room. Once you determine the size, choosing the tiles according to your budget will be easier. Different companies have different costs per square foot. So, set your budget and select the tiles accordingly.
The most important thing you should remember is that when selecting tiles, consider furniture, curtains, paintings, doors, windows, and everything in your living room. This will help you to choose the best tile that matches your living room's style.
These are all the necessary things to consider when choosing tiles for your living room. However, you can also take help from a professional in selecting the tiles.
How to Select Tiles for Living Room - FAQs
These frequently asked questions and the answer will help you learn how to select tiles for living room. This will answer all the questions that you might have in your mind.
Q1. Which type of tiles is best for the living room?
Porcelain and ceramic tiles are often considered for living rooms. However, there are other options, including marble internal flooring, granite flooring, limestone flooring, etc. So, choose the one that fits your style and budget.
Q2. Which colour tiles are best for the living room?
If you have a small living room, consider installing light-coloured tiles to make it look bigger. If you have a big living room, then you are free to experiment with different colours.
Q3. Which tile size is best for flooring in India?
In India, you would often see different sizes of tiles, including 300x600 mm, 600x600 mm, 610x610 mm, and 800x800 mm. But it's up to the size of your living room. Bigger tiles are best for small living rooms.
View this post on Instagram